Rev. Cedrick Bridgeforth of the California-Pacific Conference, who was nominated at the Western Jurisdictional Conference 2016, has withdrawn from the Episcopal Election after prayer and discernment.
- Western Jurisdiction Bishops Say Judicial Council Unlawfully Expanded Church Law
- United Methodists’ First Openly Gay Bishop Ordains First Pastor
- Western Jurisdiction Bishops Offer Pastoral Response to UMC Related to Judicial Council Decision Regarding Bishop Karen Oliveto’s Election
- A statement from the Western Jurisdiction College of Bishops
- WJ makes case that Bishop Oliveto’s election is legal