Local Host Volunteers:
TriMet has announced that a section of the MAX light rail line will be closed for construction May 8-21, 2016.
While this will have an effect on General Conference delegates and guests moving around the city, the impact should be limited. Portland guests should expect:
- Trains may be more full, especially during morning and evening rush hours.
- Individual lines will run less frequently. Trains that normally run on a 15 minute schedule will be running on a 20 minute schedule.
- The Green line will not be traveling across the river to the downtown area.
- Red and Blue lines will have a slightly longer trip to get downtown.
- Local host volunteers will help you find the easiest way to get where you need to go!
Get more details on the TriMet website and view or download a map of the alternate routes and General Conference hotels.
Welcome to Portland! The people of The United Methodist Church in the city of Portland, the Oregon-Idaho Conference, and the Greater Northwest Episcopal Area look forward to greeting you at the 2016 General Conference. Here are some helpful links and resources for your visit.
Special tours have been arranged for guests of The United Methodist Church. Go to this special website and use the password “united” to access the options.
Community Service Options!
Take a break fro, the conference to make a difference in the Portland area. Hunger is a significant problem in Oregon, and the General Conference community service partners, Oregon Food Bank and Bethlehem House of Bread, are working to meet both the long term and short term challenges. Learn more about locations and times, and sign up to help on the Community Service Page.
Here are some links related to General Conference 2016 and the host city:
Links for Local Host Volunteers
Register online as a potential volunteer. The online system will let you say what dates you are available, and request specific types of tasks.
>> Click here to go to the first-time volunteer registration page <<
Click here to return to your volunteer registration profile
If you are having problems with registering, contact us at .